Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erwink

Visual level filter on Slicer

Hi all,

I have read several threads about this subject and all had a "solution" which was a "hack". This "hack" is not working anymore.

I would really want to be able to use the slicer control WITH a visual level filter to reduce the number of items in the list based on a filter (in this case a measure > 0).

Haven't found a good solution for this and not sure if there is. Hopefuly i am wrong?!

Is there some place where we can put it on a requirements list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@erwink wrote:

Hi all,

I have read several threads about this subject and all had a "solution" which was a "hack". This "hack" is not working anymore.

I would really want to be able to use the slicer control WITH a visual level filter to reduce the number of items in the list based on a filter (in this case a measure > 0).

Haven't found a good solution for this and not sure if there is. Hopefuly i am wrong?!

@erwink

I think you can check this idea Apply filter to slicers and vote it up. As a workaround, maybe you can create a calculated table containing the filtered slicer's values and create proper relationship to the table you'd like to slice.

slicerTBL =
FILTER (
    VALUES ( yourTable[sliceCol] ),
    yourTable[sliceCol] <> "A"
        && yourTable[sliceCol] <> "B"
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@erwink wrote:

Hi all,

@erwink

I think you can check this idea Apply filter to slicers and vote it up. As a workaround, maybe you can create a calculated table containing the filtered slicer's values and create proper relationship to the table you'd like to slice.

slicerTBL =
FILTER (
    VALUES ( yourTable[sliceCol] ),
    yourTable[sliceCol] <> "A"
        && yourTable[sliceCol] <> "B"
)

@Eric_Zhang Hi Eric! I'm trying to create a similar calculated table in order to filter a slicer to Top 10 Customers By Shipment Count. I have a customer table with thousands of rows (1 row per customer) so I don't want to bring all of that into my slicer, just the top 10. I have a shipment table (1 row per shipment). I need to somehow write a DAX query that filters the customer table to bring back just the Top 10 and summing up the shipments to. Would you know how to structure this query? Any help would be much appreciated! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.