cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan1324
Frequent Visitor

Viability of data filtering across pages through custom visual

I'm hoping to gain some insight regarding a couple of requirements for a custom visual(s) I have been asked to build. I am mostly curious if custom visuals have the capability to filter data across pages. 

There are two asks: 

1. Create a selection mechanism within a scatter plot that is responsible for filtering the data throughout the report (across pages)
  2. Create a custom visual that will operate as a filter/slicer throughout the report (across pages)

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Viability of data filtering across pages through custom visual

Hi @nathan1324,

Only slicers support sync across pages. I believe that for this to work, you'd also need a corresponding slicer on all pages where you want this to take effect.

I personally don't have any experience with it yet but custom visuals do support slicer sync, so I think you would have to develop your visual as if it were a slicer rather than a standard visual.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors