Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Power BI API to interact with report content (to check health-status of report)

Hi all, we've been having some issues where AAS measure broke or there is insufficient capacity for certain measures. I want to setup a script that does a daily check over ~20 reports to check if there are any issues. 

I am succesfully connecting to the Graph API but there seem to be no options to interact with the content in the reports, am I missing something? An alternative is to find the report-URL's and scrape the HTML off the pages searching for error messages, is this possible with the way the authentication is set up? I have been unable to find a way to directly pass a username+pass or token with a standard http request.

Thanks in advance! Jelle

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang, thanks for the response.

I'm not looking to import data into Power BI through an API. I'm interested in accessing Power BI Report information from the outside/API with the intent of automated daily checks with a script to check if all the measures and graphs are working as intended.

Best regards, Jelle

There is no Power BI API for that. You may want to look into RPA tools (like Power Automate Desktop) , screen scraping and/or interpretation of screenshots.

Ideally you wouldn't need to do any of this if you have access to the backend (allowing you to confirm the accuracy of the data) but I see your point in trying to validate the correct rendering too.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

See if this blog can help you:

https://janbakker.tech/use-graph-api-data-in-power-bi-using-logicapps/ 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.