Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MinsooK_13
Regular Visitor

Use Microsoft Teams session credentials to authenticate with Power BI embedded report in custom Tab?

Hello everyone,

I have a custom teams application with a tab that shows a power BI embedded report (user owns data scenario). I know there is an out-of-the-box app for this, but my application allows users to choose filter settings when they configure the tab and renders the report based on their choices instead of them having to interact with the report every time.

If you have the Teams desktop app running, you authenticate with my embedded report one time and can access it over and over again with no issues. However, if you log out of Microsoft Teams and log back in, you also have to re-authenticate with my embedded report. I would like to eliminate this step and just use the credentials that allow you to access Teams to authenticate with the embedded report. They will always be the same credentials for Teams and the report. The out of the box Power BI application does this seamlessly. How can I get it to do the same for my app?

I am using a modified version of the GitHub sample for the Power BI embedded User Owns Data application. My app is a Web App hosted in Azure App Services. Please let me know if you need more information.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.