Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Power BI report file by python script without opening application

Hi guys,

I am new to Power BI and is there a way to update the data of existing Power BI report file by python without opening Power BI application.

The reason I am needed for this I am planning to automatically update the file that I got from server to the Power BI report file.

Since I want to update automatically, I want to run the update process from python script which will be set by windows task scheduler.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

thz you for your reply.

but what I needed to do is updating pbix report file without opening in power bi application. recently I found out that there is no way to update pbix report file without opening in power bi. so i am thinking another way for this.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

You could install the Power BI Client for Jupyter from PyPI and find the open-sourced Python package and associate TypeScript widget on GitHub.

You’ll be able to export data from visuals in a Power BI report to the Jupyter notebook for in-depth data exploration. You can also filter the report for quick analysis or use bookmarks to apply a saved view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.