Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MbProg
Helper II
Helper II

Update data via Power BI REST Api

Power BI Rest API enables you to insert new data in a data table or delete the whole data. But you are not able to delete a row or update an existing row, as far as I know. I want to update existing rows in my data table via Power BI REST API.

I posted this question on stackoverflow: Real time dashboards in Power BI

And I received an answer there. I tried it out, but it does not work (as I have written it in the comment there). It just creates new data rows and does not update existing one. Unfortunately I am not receiving any answer from the author there.

Has anyone a solution for this or has successfully tried out the proposed solution which the author is recommending in stackoverflow?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MbProg

There's no update row API in the official documentation row operation, only add and delete. You can vote the idea Update rows Rest API up. As a workaround, maybe at first delete all rows and then add updated rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.