Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nilesh2874
Regular Visitor

Update custom columns values in table by selected slicer values

nilesh2874_3-1669533487339.png

Scenario 1:
If the ingredient as “Orange” selected in Ingredient slicer the corresponding records get filtered from ProductMaster table and display as below. 
But I want to display the 2 more columns(custom) i.e. TrackerNo and Version in same table along with 3 columns which are part of ProductMaster table.
The values (C1 and V2) for these two custom columns from two corresponding slicers (selected Values C1 and V2 in slicers) should be displayed as below

Ingredient

ProductName

Country

TrackerNo

version

Orange

celeron

India

C1

V2

Orange

Intel

Sinagapore

C1

V2

Scenario 2:
If the ingredient as “Blue” selected in Ingredient slicer the corresponding records get filtered from ProductMaster table and display as below. Along with 3 columns which are part of ProductMaster table, the 2 more columns(custom) i.e. TrackerNo and Version should be displayed in same table. The values (C2 and V1) for these two custom columns will be from two corresponding slicers (selected Values C2 and V1 in slicers)

Ingredient

ProductName

Country

TrackerNo

version

Blue

celeron

India

C2

V1

Blue

Intel

Sinagapore

C2

V1

I am able to filter the data from ProductMaster table in above table but not able to add the selected values in 2 custom columns for all filtered records .

Please suggest how I can add selected values from slicers( TrackerNo and Version) in two custom columns of ProductMaster table.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nilesh2874 ,

Is there a relationship between Table 'ProductMaster' and 'Table GlobalTrackingDetaills'?

If there is a relationship between them, try to cancel the relationship between the two tables or create a new table containing [TrackerNo] and [version].
If the above does not work, please consider about sharing me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nilesh2874
Regular Visitor

@v-jianboli-msft 

Thank you for solution.

I created the measures and added in the table. But I am getting duplicate records in the table.

My live report without measure display the filter data as below: Benzocaine has 4 filter records.

nilesh2874_0-1669655146667.png

But When I add the measure in the table, it convert the above view in multiple records. Suppose the table has total 200 records without filter of ingredients, the same records it display in the table when I add measure in table.

nilesh2874_1-1669655676399.png

Please suggest what settings need to be done for showing correct fltered records in the table with  measure column values

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nilesh2874 ,

Please try:

Create two measures:

_TrackerNo = SELECTEDVALUE(GlobalTrackingDetails[TrackerNo])

_version = SELECTEDVALUE(GlobalTrackingDetails[version])

Then add them to the table visual

Output:

vjianbolimsft_0-1669601563311.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1669601594937.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jianboli-msft 

Thank you for solution.

I created the measures and added in the table. But I am getting duplicate records in the table.

My live report without measure display the filter data as below: Benzocaine has 4 filter records.

nilesh2874_0-1669655146667.png

But When I add the measure in the table, it convert the above view in multiple records. Suppose the table has total 200 records without filter of ingredients, the same records it display in the table when I add measure in table.

nilesh2874_1-1669655676399.png

Please suggest what settings need to be done for showing correct fltered records in the table with  measure column values

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.