cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Update Datasource Credentials With OAuth2 using PowerBI Rest API on C#

Hello, 

I need to update a Datasource credential, inside a Workspace on Powerbi, inside a C# Project.

I'm using the PowerBI Rest API to do it, but when I try to update the Datasource Credentials, I get an error.

Error Body:
"... HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
{"error":{"code":"BadRequest","message":"Bad Request","details":[{"message":"The property 'oauthcredentials' does not exist on type 'Microsoft.PowerBI.ServiceContracts.Api.GatewayDatasource'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.","target":"datasourceDelta"}]}}"

My code :

var AccessToken = userAuthnResult.AccessToken;
string
 restUrlPatchCredentials = PowerBiServiceRootUrl + "gateways/" + gatewayToUpdate.gatewayId + "/" + "datasources/" + gatewayToUpdate.id; PBIDataSourceCredentials dataSourceCredentials = new PBIDataSourceCredentials {     credentialType = "OAuth2",     oauthcredentials = new PBICredentialData     {         accessToken = AccessToken     } };
string jsonDelta = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(dataSourceCredentials);

// add JSON to HttpContent object and configure content type HttpContent patchRequestBody = new StringContent(jsonDelta); patchRequestBody.Headers.ContentType = new MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"); var method = new HttpMethod("PATCH"); var request = new HttpRequestMessage(method, restUrlPatchCredentials); request.Content = patchRequestBody; HttpClient client = new HttpClient(); clien.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("Accept""application/json"); clien.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("Authorization""Bearer " + AccessToken); var result = client.SendAsync(request).Result;

I think the error is the name of the "oauthcredentials" propriety, but i can't find the correct name.
Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks you!

2 REPLIES 2

i did you resolve this issue?

we have a very similar problem so would love to see your fix.

Thanks

Any updates on this issue ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Kudoed Authors