cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uncertified custom visual in embedded?

Hi guys,

I'm kinda new to the topic of creating your own custom visuals. While reading through the official documentation I found this: "Certified custom visuals can be added to the Power BI service, a Power BI Desktop report, and viewed with Power BI mobile and Power BI Embedded".
My intention was to use my custom visual in an embedded report in a web application I'm developing, so does this mean I won't be able to use my own custom visual in an embedded report without having it certified beforehand?
I really hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, I think you would have to test that, probably by compiling the example pbiviz project. Or perhaps you can get one somewhere. Perhaps someone else has done this but I have not. Best I can offer is that I feel like they should work, but Microsoft may not allow things to run in the Service/Embedded that haven't at least been through the initial certification process of adding them to the gallery. But somehow I doubt that is the case. Would be interested to know the outcome though.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV
Super User IV

So is your plan to add your custom visual to the gallery of custom visuals or are you just generating the pbiviz file locally and going to import that into a report?

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply! My plan was to generate the pbviz file locally and import it that way.

Well, I think you would have to test that, probably by compiling the example pbiviz project. Or perhaps you can get one somewhere. Perhaps someone else has done this but I have not. Best I can offer is that I feel like they should work, but Microsoft may not allow things to run in the Service/Embedded that haven't at least been through the initial certification process of adding them to the gallery. But somehow I doubt that is the case. Would be interested to know the outcome though.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors