Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ganesh_simhadri
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to schedule a refresh for web data source in power bi web

Hi,

I had dashboard with a datasource from web, using power bi desktop i was able to refresh the dashboard. But after publishing the dashboard when I try to schedule the refresh i was getting the following error .  Can anyone help what I can do there ? TIA.

snipping tool.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Could you please share more details about the data source configuration in your scenario?

By default the schedule refresh would work for all online data sources that could be connected directly through Power BI Desktop, please check the list through the following article:

Schedule Refresh

Things to note is:

If you have deifned function parameter within the connection string, then Schedule refresh will not work.

See the following idea for more details:

Make functions refreshable when the data source is a parameter of the function

Regards,

Michael

Hi , Yes i am using parameters with in the connection string , is there any way i can schedule refresh ?

Currently not.

Unless you remove the function defined in the Connection string.

Another workaround is to use the Query Parameter instead of the custom Function.

Regards,

Michael

Hi ,

I need a help in scheduling a web refresh on power BI web. I was able to refresh the data directly from desktop when i publish and trying to schedule a refresh i was not able to schedule a refresh. Can anyone help me in this aspect. TIA

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.