Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to read default color object

In my capabilities.json I defind an object called color. I'm trying to define it inside my custom visual using : 

startingColor: getValue<string>(options.dataViews[0].metadata.objects,'colors','startingColor',"#111111"),

But I'm unable to read the default color, since the visual is not running untill I define a new color in the styling pane.

4 REPLIES 4
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous,

Power BI doesn't allow to get default color. However, you might define your own default color to return it to Power BI as a default.

You just need to apply your default color if there's no color in the metadata.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Can you please let me know how to do it? How can I check whether the metadata available or not?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you share implementation of getValue function that you use to get color from the metadata?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I figured it out. Thanks. I'm using the condition if (options.dataViews[0].metadata.objects) to check whether the user has made any changes in the format pane or not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors