cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pragati2405 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get embed token for embeding reports

Hi, I have been finding issues in generating the embed token for javascript embeding of report. I have registered an app on Azure portal and got Client id and secret but unable to figure out what to do do next in order to get Embed token.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Unable to get Embed token for javascript report embeding

@pragati2405 wrote:

Hi, I have been finding issues in generating the embed token for javascript embeding of report. I have registered an app on Azure portal and got Client id and secret but unable to figure out what to do do next in order to get Embed token.

@pragati2405

To get the embed token, you can reference the code in redirect.aspx.cs in the lib Users Owns Data in Github. You can download the whole C# project and open it in Visual Studio to play and test.

Alternatively in other language, you can call a POST API as below.

POST /common/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1
Host: login.windows.net
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Cache-Control: no-cache

client_secret={your client secret}&client_id={your client id}&grant_type=password&resource=https%3A%2F%2Fanalysis.windows.net%2Fpowerbi%2Fapi&username={your Power BI account}&password={your Power BI password}

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor

How can I get my Embed token for report embed using javascript.

I registered an app on Azure portal and got the client id and secret but cannot figure out how to get the Embed token.

Frequent Visitor

Unable to get Embed token for javascript report embeding

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get Embed token for javascript report embeding

Power BI Team mgmeyer
Power BI Team

Re: Unable to get embed token for embeding reports

It sounds like you are trying to embed from the Power BI service, this forum is specific to Power BI On-Prem. You can post your question to the Power BI developer forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/bd-p/Developer

They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Unable to get Embed token for javascript report embeding

@pragati2405 wrote:

@pragati2405

To get the embed token, you can reference the code in redirect.aspx.cs in the lib Users Owns Data in Github. You can download the whole C# project and open it in Visual Studio to play and test.

Alternatively in other language, you can call a POST API as below.

POST /common/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1
Host: login.windows.net
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Cache-Control: no-cache

client_secret={your client secret}&client_id={your client id}&grant_type=password&resource=https%3A%2F%2Fanalysis.windows.net%2Fpowerbi%2Fapi&username={your Power BI account}&password={your Power BI password}

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,647)