Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pragati2405

Unable to get embed token for embeding reports

Hi, I have been finding issues in generating the embed token for javascript embeding of report. I have registered an app on Azure portal and got Client id and secret but unable to figure out what to do do next in order to get Embed token.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pragati2405 wrote:

Hi, I have been finding issues in generating the embed token for javascript embeding of report. I have registered an app on Azure portal and got Client id and secret but unable to figure out what to do do next in order to get Embed token.

@pragati2405

To get the embed token, you can reference the code in redirect.aspx.cs in the lib Users Owns Data in Github. You can download the whole C# project and open it in Visual Studio to play and test.

Alternatively in other language, you can call a POST API as below.

POST /common/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1
Host: login.windows.net
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Cache-Control: no-cache

client_secret={your client secret}&client_id={your client id}&grant_type=password&resource=https%3A%2F%2Fanalysis.windows.net%2Fpowerbi%2Fapi&username={your Power BI account}&password={your Power BI password}

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

It sounds like you are trying to embed from the Power BI service, this forum is specific to Power BI On-Prem. You can post your question to the Power BI developer forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/bd-p/Developer

They should be able to point you in the right direction.

pragati2405

@pragati2405 wrote:

@pragati2405

To get the embed token, you can reference the code in redirect.aspx.cs in the lib Users Owns Data in Github. You can download the whole C# project and open it in Visual Studio to play and test.

Alternatively in other language, you can call a POST API as below.

POST /common/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1
Host: login.windows.net
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Cache-Control: no-cache

client_secret={your client secret}&client_id={your client id}&grant_type=password&resource=https%3A%2F%2Fanalysis.windows.net%2Fpowerbi%2Fapi&username={your Power BI account}&password={your Power BI password}

pragati2405

pragati2405

I registered an app on Azure portal and got the client id and secret but cannot figure out how to get the Embed token.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.