Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manoj0285
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get Active+Inactive users from Power BI usage metrics report

Hi Team,

I wanted to know how can I get Active + Inactive users (Total Users) from Power BI usage metrics report, I have approximately 200+ reports and 15+ workspaces. I need this in single report.

8 REPLIES 8
manoj0285
Frequent Visitor

Its really weired that we can not see users, to whome I have provided access in one shot/report. Power bi should provide such details.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you cannot measure stuff that is not there.  How do you define "inactive users" ?

Hi, if microsoft is providing active users in the report then they must have inactive users as well and inactive users means we have shared the report with users but they have not seen this in last 30 days or more than that. 

Talk to your tenant admin and ask for the ViewReport audit logs.

Keep in mind that the preferred way of sharing is via distribution lists. That adds complexity to your ask.

I had word with tenant admin and he provided audit logs but they dont have view which I want. 

Which view do you want?  The combination of CreateApp/UpdateApp (sharedto) and ViewReport (actual consumption) audit logs should give you "all" you need.

Thanks for your reply, I am looking a data which will tell me with how many users I have shared the report. I mean sharedto, I have actual consumption data. Please guide me from where can I get this. Many Thanks.

You get these from the tenant inventory reports. Talk to your tenant admin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.