Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to fetch Goal ID from Scorecard in Power Automate

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flow where I'm using "When someone adds or edits a goal check-in" action in Power Automate.

In the Goal ID section, I don't get list of goals in my scorecard instead I get error as below:

Could not retrieve values. The dynamic invocation request failed with error: Unexpected error occurred when calling the ApiHubsRuntime API: 'Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.Entities.Exceptions.ProcessSimpleDataException: The ApiHubsRuntime API call failed with http status code 'InternalServerError' and response content '{ "error": { "code": 500, "message": "The given key was not present in the dictionary. function: ProjectGoalValueAggregations last line: 11", "source": "europe-001.azure-apim.net", "path": "choose[1]\\when[6]\\choose\\when[1]", "policyId": "", "clientRequestId": "76cd1317-91db-4bc8-8a20-2684b6ae1796" } }' at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass52_0`2.<<CallAzureResourceManager>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<CallAzureResourceManager>d__52`2.MoveNext()'.

Can someone kindly help to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Prajna

4 REPLIES 4
philmenown

I got this same error, but i managed to find the goal id by looking at the URL (web address) when you edit or click the name of the goal from the metrics screen within the Power BI service. Look at the end of the URL and you'll see "?goal=" copy and paste the unique ID after the equals sign and enter this as a Custom Value in the Power Automate field. It also took a little while for the goal to be available in Power Automate, so you might have to revisit or refresh your Power Automate page for it to register that the goal exists.

Thanks! Its help me 🙂 

This is a great workaround!

Thank you 👏

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here are some offical blogs about integrate power automate to Power BI. I hope they could help you solve your problem.

For reference:

Use Power Automate to update metrics automatically (preview)

More easily integrate goals into all your business processes

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors