Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

barathirajavi55
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect with Google BigQuery Views in Power BI

Hi All,

When I connect with Google BigQuery view in Power BI, I am getting the below error..Could you please help me to fix this issue ? @v-shex-msft @amitchandak @Greg_Deckler

barathirajavi55_0-1642006210821.png

DataSource.Error: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverSupport] (2003) JSON parsing error: Invalid value.

Regards,

Barathi Raja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Support,

If I remove the space in the BQ View's name, this issue got resolved. It seems BQ View's naming convention issue.

Why did Power BI not recognize the BQ Views name that contains space(eg View name: West Union Sales. To fix this, I need to rename the view name like West_Union_Sales) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barathirajavi55,

Any update for these? Have you checked the data source to confirm if these records contain any specific characters? (e.g. tab, escapes, row/column determiler, quote, different type of brackets... ) They may affect power bi data connector recognized and analysis the response data structures, records.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Support,

If I remove the space in the BQ View's name, this issue got resolved. It seems BQ View's naming convention issue.

Why did Power BI not recognize the BQ Views name that contains space(eg View name: West Union Sales. To fix this, I need to rename the view name like West_Union_Sales) 

Hi @barathirajavi55,

In fact, any unexpected connection characters may cause the issue to recognize data if the connector developer hasn't added the exception handling or conversions.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you contact the dev team to report this to help improve the data connector usage.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @barathirajavi55,

Can you please share some more detailed information about the data connector configurations and operation? They will help us to clarify your scenario and test to troubleshooting.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.