Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

G20Bastos
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to the remote server - app.powerbi.com - powerbi embedded

Hi everyone,

I have followed the tutorials for embeding a Power BI report into a website and I have got the code working fine on my local machine/development environment, however, when the code is released onto production machines, I am unable to connect to the Azure AD service.

the line of code:

var reports = await client.Reports.GetReportsInGroupAsync(WorkspaceId);

Is throwing the exception message:

Unable to connect to the remote server

Is there any place where I can contact microsoft to release access to my IP address? Or, is there anything I can do to solve the problem?

I assume this is because the production environment is locked down, but I am not sure what I need to allow to be able for it to see the remote server. Ports 80 and 443 are open, from reading around I thought these were the only ones needed.

Any help much appreicated,

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @G20Bastos,

Since it's a production environment, there could be a firewall and strict rules. I would suggest you contact the administrator and ask for permission. You need to let your application out by changing the outbound rules. 

You can also try #fiddler-trace to find out the exact reason. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @G20Bastos,

Since it's a production environment, there could be a firewall and strict rules. I would suggest you contact the administrator and ask for permission. You need to let your application out by changing the outbound rules. 

You can also try #fiddler-trace to find out the exact reason. 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for support!!!

There was some configuration, policy or something of this gender that was generating the problem. I talked with the administrator of the enviroment production again, and him, join network team fix the issue. I asked for a complete report and I'll post it here to help other people.

Thanks again!

It's my pleasure. I'm so glad you solved it. Thanks in advance if you can share the details. 

Regarding your question, Microsoft provides services to the whole internet, so our normal access is free without restrictions.

Best Regards,

Hi, @v-jiascu-msft, thank you for answer.

I contacted the administrator of prodution environment, and he saied that gave the permissions. But now, I'll to see if him did in fact. Do you know if there some list of IP and port that I need to free in the output rules?

Other ask: 

Is it possible to have Microsoft release access to my IP?

*It's important to say that in my developer environment it's works, the problem is in production only.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.