Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to connect to Google Analytics

Hi,

I get this error script when trying to connect to Google analytics in PowerBi ->Get data.

oanam_0-1618218007830.png

oanam_1-1618218007832.png

I uninstalled, reinstalled PowerBI, cleared cache, placed as default browser Microsoft Edge and Google respectively, signed out of my account in PowerBi, restarted my laptop, but nothing improved. Please help?

Thank you,

Oana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @oanam,

If you success login to the data source, these credentials will store on the local device, I think power bi will use the stored credentials for refresh operations. If you do not change the data source, they may not be required to invoke the sign-in panel again.

>>When I connect to my hotspot mobile data I can sign in, no problem, but when I use the wifi to sign in, the script errors posted by me above appear. 

It sounds like the issue related to your network device. You can also ask your IT to check the network device configures if they enabled any policies or their configurations block the requests.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @oanam,

I test on my side but can't reproduce your issue.

I think these should more relate to your network and software environment. What version of the power bi desktop are you test? Have you checked the device policy and whitelist to confirm if they block the requests? 

Add Power BI URLs to allow list - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! It is definitely something related to network security and wifi. When I connect to my hotspot mobile data I can sign in, no problem, but when I use the wifi to sign in, the script errors posted by me above appear. I did look into all security settings, I lowered them, added 2step authenticator on GA so that it marks this wifi and IP as secure, but no change.

Is there a way to force in the sign in somehow when the Google Analytics sign-in shows up from PowerBi?

I use this version of PowerBi which I think it is the most recent one Version: 2.91.884.0 64-bit (March 2021)

Hi @oanam,

If you success login to the data source, these credentials will store on the local device, I think power bi will use the stored credentials for refresh operations. If you do not change the data source, they may not be required to invoke the sign-in panel again.

>>When I connect to my hotspot mobile data I can sign in, no problem, but when I use the wifi to sign in, the script errors posted by me above appear. 

It sounds like the issue related to your network device. You can also ask your IT to check the network device configures if they enabled any policies or their configurations block the requests.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.