Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tweaking an existing Custom Visual: the change is successful, but doesn't save into desktop file

Hi there!

I found a great R visual and needed to tweak it a little. 

I downloaded it from Github, altered an R script.

I got to the point that suits me for now (I hope to keep improving) and I can see needed results on the web when I run pbiviz start command.

Capture1.PNG

But when I try to package the visual, the packaged custom visual for PBI Desktop doesn't have any of those changes...

Capture2.PNG

What am I doing wrong? Do I simply run pbiviz package command, or did I miss an important step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this as a question in another topic, and looks like the solution below should work:

You didn't call "pbiviz new" command, instead you are updating the existing one. So you'll need to do two things:

1) change "guid" field inside "pbiviz.json" to be different string

2) call "pbiviz package" command from command line ( inside the folder of visual)

See more here

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/tree/master/RVisualTutorial

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this as a question in another topic, and looks like the solution below should work:

You didn't call "pbiviz new" command, instead you are updating the existing one. So you'll need to do two things:

1) change "guid" field inside "pbiviz.json" to be different string

2) call "pbiviz package" command from command line ( inside the folder of visual)

See more here

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/tree/master/RVisualTutorial

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

The source code may not up to date. It works when I make some changes to a new R Powered Custom Visual.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors