Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Turning Off Specific Data Label in Visuals

Hi Community,
I have been working on a stacked column chart that has multiple products(products > 100 & products are in legends). I wanted to turn off data labels for many of the products and ON for a few products(less than 5). For this to happen, I have to specifically go to the data labels of the visual and check for each and every product in the visual and turn off the data labels which is very time-consuming(as the data gets refreshed and new product also gets added to the visual).

Piyush_Ghungrud_0-1676287344128.png

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.
Thank you 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Piyush_Ghungrud ,

As far as I know, applying setting to Series is a good workaround that Power BI Desktop support us to control the data lable. Here I suggest you to turn off the data labels which you don't need by this function.

RicoZhou_0-1676357433199.png

Now you think it will take too much time due to your large data size, I think you can load a sample table which has the same data model like current one and then turn off the data labels you don't need. Then you update your data source with final data and refresh your table.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

thank you for your valuable suggestions.
I have tried the way you mentioned however the problem arises when the data after refresh come up with new products. For the new products, the data label is always on, so it need to be turned off again. 
Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.