cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabereal
Frequent Visitor

Trigger Focus Mode programmatically

Hello,

I have a custom visual where I display different content depending on the options.isInFocus property. I would like to add a way to trigger Focus Mode directly from the visual. I intend on adding a "button" via d3 that can potentially trigger the change.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gabriel GH 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Trigger Focus Mode programmatically

Hi @gabereal,

If you've made the IVisualHost object (options.host) object from the constructor available to your visual, you can attach its switchFocusModeState method to a button's click event, which will trigger focus mode, e.g.:

• switchFocusModeState(true) will maximise the visual
  • switchFocusModeState(false) will return the visual to its standard size

Regards,

Daniel

EDIT: Here's a quick proof-of-concept I recently posted on Twitter that I'm currently working on, that confirms what you're planning to do is possible (using the isInFocus property to render different content depending on view).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @gabereal,

If you've made the IVisualHost object (options.host) object from the constructor available to your visual, you can attach its switchFocusModeState method to a button's click event, which will trigger focus mode, e.g.:

• switchFocusModeState(true) will maximise the visual
  • switchFocusModeState(false) will return the visual to its standard size

Regards,

Daniel

EDIT: Here's a quick proof-of-concept I recently posted on Twitter that I'm currently working on, that confirms what you're planning to do is possible (using the isInFocus property to render different content depending on view).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

gabereal
Frequent Visitor

@dm-p ,

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to implement the functionality I wanted using the switchFocusModeState method.

Regards,

Gabriel 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors