Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AparnaJ
Helper I
Helper I

Tree Map

Hi,

Created a treemap visual, screenshots below: 

Tree MapTree Map

Is there a way that I can sort by year. Current settings are below:

treemap settings.PNG

Please advise.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @AparnaJ,

The treemap visual is designed to sort by descending value of measure (MS doc on sorting in general: refer to note about treemap not being sortable), so that the largest values appear first and smaller series cluster towards the bottom-right and are therefore easier to visually resolve quickly. This has come up a couple of times before, so here's some threads for further reading:

If it's a feature you want, you'll need to create an idea for it, or create a custom visual to do it. Probably not the answer you're after but hopefully this allows you to explore other means of visualising the data you're looking at. Have you determined if the treemap is actually correct for these data? What is the treemap trying to convey to the end user?

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.