Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transitioning from Power BI Pro to Premium

In my organisation, we are currently Power BI Pro feature for reports and dashboards. We are planning to move to premium license. If we need to move the existing reports and dashboards in premium capacity, what is the right process? Any documents or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous 

If you are already using PRO, and have your reports and dashboards within standard workspaces, then you should have no issue with transitioning over to a dedicated/premium capacity.

This article should contain most of what you need: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-manage

Once you have a capacity configured - you can add (1 or more) workspaces to run within this capacity.

You can then choose to add/remove workspaces to a capacity at any time.

There are slight differences between the setup of Enterprise/Premium Capacities - and Capacities for Embedded (Azure) - so some settings will vary depending on which one you are using.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous 

If you are already using PRO, and have your reports and dashboards within standard workspaces, then you should have no issue with transitioning over to a dedicated/premium capacity.

This article should contain most of what you need: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-manage

Once you have a capacity configured - you can add (1 or more) workspaces to run within this capacity.

You can then choose to add/remove workspaces to a capacity at any time.

There are slight differences between the setup of Enterprise/Premium Capacities - and Capacities for Embedded (Azure) - so some settings will vary depending on which one you are using.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MattCalderwood ,

Thanks for replying. It makes sense to me. But for now I will aceept it as a solution and try to implement. If there is any other issue I face in future, I will raise some questions.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.