cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Top N with live connection

Hi!

I use live connection, the datasets refresh every 5 minutes. I would like to display the data in a table, so I turn on the "analysis of historical data" in the dataset settings. (If I not turn on this, I can create  only dashboard and there is not table visualization.)

I would like to display always the latest data, so I create a row_id column, and every refresh time has own id:

Time, Column1, row_id

8:00,A,1

8:00,B,1

8:00,C,1

8:05,G,2 etc.

I thought, If I set the Top 1 filter to the row_id, then I see the latest data, but it is not working properly.

row_id without filter: (the latest row_id: 1155)

Képkivágás1.PNG

row_id with top 1 filter:

Képkivágás2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Top N with live connection

Assuming you have a hybrid streaming/push dataset as your data source.

Reports do NOT refresh automatically unless you use the new auto page refresh feature. CAVEAT: this may be limited to Direct Query connections.

Dashboards do refresh automatically.

You can pin any report visual to a dashboard, including a table visual.

Your TOPN filter would work with either a dashboard or a report set to auto page refresh.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, I have a hybrid streaming/push dataset.

I created a report with a table and I used TOP N (TOP 1) filter then I pinned the table to a dashboard. It is work like a charme all day, but in the next day morning the TOP N does not refresh. For example, if at 23:55 the highest row_id 2815, then the next day in the table I can see in the dashboard only the rows with 2815 row_id, despite of there are 2816, 2817, ..., 3000 row_id.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Have you ruled out time zome issues? The service works on UTC.

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I don't think, that it is a time zone issue, because the highest row_id independent from the time zone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors