Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arni
Frequent Visitor

Top N with live connection

Hi!

I use live connection, the datasets refresh every 5 minutes. I would like to display the data in a table, so I turn on the "analysis of historical data" in the dataset settings. (If I not turn on this, I can create  only dashboard and there is not table visualization.)

I would like to display always the latest data, so I create a row_id column, and every refresh time has own id:

Time, Column1, row_id

8:00,A,1

8:00,B,1

8:00,C,1

8:05,G,2 etc.

I thought, If I set the Top 1 filter to the row_id, then I see the latest data, but it is not working properly.

row_id without filter: (the latest row_id: 1155)

Képkivágás1.PNG

row_id with top 1 filter:

Képkivágás2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Assuming you have a hybrid streaming/push dataset as your data source.

Reports do NOT refresh automatically unless you use the new auto page refresh feature. CAVEAT: this may be limited to Direct Query connections.

Dashboards do refresh automatically.

You can pin any report visual to a dashboard, including a table visual.

Your TOPN filter would work with either a dashboard or a report set to auto page refresh.

Arni
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have a hybrid streaming/push dataset.

I created a report with a table and I used TOP N (TOP 1) filter then I pinned the table to a dashboard. It is work like a charme all day, but in the next day morning the TOP N does not refresh. For example, if at 23:55 the highest row_id 2815, then the next day in the table I can see in the dashboard only the rows with 2815 row_id, despite of there are 2816, 2817, ..., 3000 row_id.

Have you ruled out time zome issues? The service works on UTC.

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Arni
Frequent Visitor

I don't think, that it is a time zone issue, because the highest row_id independent from the time zone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors