Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dottorp
Frequent Visitor

Token acquisition ends with "Unauthorized"

I'm trying to embed a PBI report in a Web app.

I configured the App as "native app", and then granted authorizations you can see in these screenshots:

AAD.PNGpbi.PNG

I'm using this sample: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples/
(App Owns data). Now I'm receiving the "Unauthorized" (401) error. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved by myself. I was trying to get a report from "Personal workspace" (I don't know if this is his name in english, I use it in italian), and this was the error. By creating a new workspace area it went all fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dottorp

Which line in the code throws the exception? Can you debug and send the access token in your case in private message? Also ensure the groupid is correct and the account used is the admin of the workspace group.

The line is this:

var reports = await client.Reports.GetReportsInGroupAsync(GroupId);

I took the value for GroupId here:image.png

Solved by myself. I was trying to get a report from "Personal workspace" (I don't know if this is his name in english, I use it in italian), and this was the error. By creating a new workspace area it went all fine.

Hey,

I have try the some and I have the some problem. 

powerb-tenant.jpgpowerb-tenant.jpg

Did you finde solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors