Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The relationship doesn't hold any data because it needs to be recalculated

Hi,

I've made some changes in the cube connections both in the test and in production.

The test report does work, but production give me an error:

"The expression referenced a relationship between 'Sales'[EntryDateKey] and 'Calendar Entry Date'[DateKey],
which does not hold any data because it needs to be recalculated."

I have the same reports for both environments. I have no idea, what can be the reasone and how to resolve it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
technolog
Super User
Super User

@priyanka_2304 

You need to open SMSS, connect to the desired database via XMLA and click "Process Database". After completing this operation, everything will work.

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 11.55.48.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
technolog
Super User
Super User

@priyanka_2304 

You need to open SMSS, connect to the desired database via XMLA and click "Process Database". After completing this operation, everything will work.

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 11.55.48.png

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You might need to check the relationship between the two tables.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, but, that was the only issue with the process i should made. After the processing the problem disappeared.

Hi, I am facing the same issue and was wondering if you could clear on what do you mean by the line:
"the only issue with the process i should made. After the processing the problem disappeared.

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.