Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kindofblue

Take data from a Power BI report to create a new task in Microsoft Planner?

Hello Members of the Developer forum,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to submit this question, but if not then perhaps someone can direct me to the appropriate forum.

With that said, this is an overview of my question:

I have a Power BI report that displays all the current manufacturing work orders from my ERP system. Everything works great with this report.

I was asked if it was possible to take relevant information from this report, (such as Work Order Job Number, Assembly Item, Quantity, Start Date, and Due Date,) and create a new Task in Microsoft Planner for each new work order from my Power BI report.

Our Manufacturing department would like to create a Kanban Board in Microsoft Planner that can track all the open work orders from our ERP system.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might pull data from a Power BI report to create a new task in Microsoft Planner?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and provide any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kindofblue ,

I think Microsoft Planner doesn't support us get data from Power BI Directly.

The step about Adding an attachment to a task is as below.

Select File to attach a locally stored file, select Link to include a link, or select SharePoint to attach a file from a SharePoint site.

Here I suggest you to export data from visual to CSV or Excel in Power BI Service then add this file to a task.

For reference: 

Export the data that was used to create a visualization

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kindofblue ,

I think Microsoft Planner doesn't support us get data from Power BI Directly.

The step about Adding an attachment to a task is as below.

Select File to attach a locally stored file, select Link to include a link, or select SharePoint to attach a file from a SharePoint site.

Here I suggest you to export data from visual to CSV or Excel in Power BI Service then add this file to a task.

For reference: 

Export the data that was used to create a visualization

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.