Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tabular Editor translations questions

Hello,

I am working with Tabular Editor 3 to create translations of my dataset. It does seem to work in the sense that the translations are visible, but I am having difficulties understanding the underlying logic of using translation files in Power BI.

Firstly, when I import my json translation file into my dataset, my dataset does not appear to be changed, i.e. no translations are visible. Is there a way to fix this, so I can see the translated tables, columns, etc. directly in the dataset in the desktop version?

Secondly, the translations seem to work for all reports that are connected to my dataset, but only if I change my application language to the translated language. In options in PBI desktop I see that there are two language selections under 'Regional settings', one for application language and one for model language (see below). Wouldn't it make more sense to have model language impact translations, rather than application language? I would like to use English as my application language and Norwegian as my dataset language, but it does not seem to be possible. Am I doing something wrong?

BR,

J. Aarstad

JrgenAa_0-1680181670222.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.