Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nikki Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Sum data based on date range

Hi

Im trying to create a column chart which displays the number of tasks per month that have a shipping date relevant to that month.

I have 1 table called tasks. In tasks i have task name and task finish date. I cant get it to sum the values, in pic u can see it puts the months next to each other Also i have specific dates for each finish date, so i have in power bi changed these values to be a month field.. i dont need cumulative i just need to show how many projects have finish dates in that month for specific tasks.

thanks in advance Smiley Happy

N2017-03-06_21-29-57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Sum data based on date range

@Nikki

Have you tried to create a calculated column based on the specific date and create a column chart based on the shipping month.

shipping month = DATE(YEAR(Task[ShippingDate]),MONTH(Task[ShippingDate]),1)

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@Nikki

Have you tried to create a calculated column based on the specific date and create a column chart based on the shipping month.

shipping month = DATE(YEAR(Task[ShippingDate]),MONTH(Task[ShippingDate]),1)

Nikki Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thankyou - i was able to add a grouping to the date on x axis- which allowed me to create a bin which i selected per month (voila!!)

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@Nikki

So isn't adding a grouping work for you now? If not, could you be more specific? I don't get too much idea from the original post.