Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sethsanu
Frequent Visitor

Strippet custom visuals has virus!

My Microsoft Malware protection and internet explorer both complained about a virus on the strippet control pbviz from the Power BI Visuals Gallery:

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/StrippetBrowser16424341054522

Anyone else see this or is this a false positive?

Version 0.2.7

Seth

3 REPLIES 3
MattG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I also have this problem with Version 0.2.13, I have an older dowload of version 0.1.12 that works fine. 

Matt

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sethsanu,

I do not have this issue. The visual is currently in beta testing and is undergoing active development, you may view source code at https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-StrippetsBrowser/. By the way, you can follow this link to evaluate a custom visual for security and privacy.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam,
I can confirm it also. I've downloaded both .pbviz and .pbix files for testing

and as far as I know code content appeared to be clean with no virus.
Author of the custom visual is Microsoft...
so I mean I wouldn't see the advantage of injecting dirty code, really...
I understand this is more of a Beta prototype and may not be perfect at this stage
Strippets tag in .pbix diplayed an error message.
BTW have you had a chance to test the code found on Github on Visual Studio Code.
Architecture seemed a bit different from PBIVIZ CLI  architecture, so if anyone has information on this
I'd like to get your feedback on that. Thanks 😉

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.