Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mike282
Helper III
Helper III

Streaming Dataset seems to be locked at around 200000 - 220000

Hi all so a quick question about the streaming dataset and having historical analysis turned on. 

I read somewhere that with historial analysis turned on it can hold up to 5 million rows but what I've noticed is that as I'm adding data to the Streaming dataset it's seems to be deleting the old data. It seems to be capped at around 200,000 to 220,000 rows before anymore data being sent via the API seems to be replacing the old. 

My question is how do I get it to retain a maximum of 5 million rows? I'm happy for it to override the old data once it hits that but at the moment it's overwriting at around 200,000.

So steps to create:

1. Create a streaming dataset and set it to add data via the API and then turn Historic data analysis on.

image.png

2. Start streaming data into the dataset via the API. 

3. I created a report from that dataset but the total rows seem to always hover between 200,000 to 220,000 rows.

image.png

Am I doing something wrong or is that the limitation? I thought historical data analysis can hold up to 5 million rows? 200,000 rows is well below what's documented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think the actual limit is size based. If you have a row with just the UTC timestamp and a single value column you'll probably see a higher row limit. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike282,

I agree with lbendlin 's point of view, I'd like to suggest you check the limitations of API usages if they meet your scenarios:

Power BI REST API limitations - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think the actual limit is size based. If you have a row with just the UTC timestamp and a single value column you'll probably see a higher row limit. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.