Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Store data in Power BI desktop application

Is it possible to store data anywhere in the Desktop application?

I want to store some static data of our custom visual, somewhere in PowerBI desktop application. While opening the saved the PowerBI Desktop Document (.pbix), we need to fetch the stored data and load in custom visual. - Is it possible?

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The data of Import mode is also stored in the Desktop file (.pbix).

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sure, just use an Enter Data query.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible share some reference link, then it easy to implementation from my side.

Hi @Anonymous,

The data you enter or import is stored in the file. This is obvious. Please refer to the snapshot below. Maybe you mean something else?

Store-data-in-Power-BI-desktop-application

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but here we want to add/import the data manually right? I want to store the data runtime in my custom visual something like local storage.  

The scenario is, planning to store some static data somewhere in the .pbix document eg., cache or local storage or something, and use those details while adding the custom visual in the document again.

The idea is, user no need to enter the same data in my extension if they use my visual multiple time in the same document

Hi @Anonymous,

To be honest, I don't know if that can be done. I think the developer experts could help.

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.