Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Store a Rest API in Power BI

Hello, 

I'm a debutant in power BI. I have an API that is completely independent from power bi and gives me new information every 10 minutes without storing it. I would like to use power bi to read and store the information (add new lines to each column every 10 min), in a database. I've succeeded in reading the information with power bi, but every 10 min I have new data and I loose the previous information I had. 

Can you help me building the databse that will store the information given every 10 min ? 

2 REPLIES 2
luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think this may be of value for you.  It's a roundabout way of doing it but it works.  Please see what this person came up with to do what you are looking for.

https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/01/11/incremental-load-in-powerbi-using-dax-union/

Good luck!

Luis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this link. I now have a new table with the union of a "not refreshed" table & a table that refreshes every 10min "refresh table". The  problem is : when this new table refreshes, instead of adding new lines from the "refresh table", it changes the new table content. @luisrh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.