Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Source code of Bing Map.

Hi all. 
I need a map visual with more features than that is currently present in the current Bing Map. I have experience in creating custom visuals,but not ones associated with maps. So I thought If I had the source code of the Bing map visual in power BI ,I could just build on that instead of starting from scratch. 

I haven't been able to get hold of it from anywhere.
Does anyone know where I could get it or of any map which is similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Check this discussion and the Overview page here.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexisc67
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Vichus,

I am in the same situation as you describe below. I need to extend the curren bing map. I am using the new bing APi to add multiple layers of data along with other features such as complex infobox and so on. Did you find or build a stand alone custom visual based on the bing map visual? If so, did you start with the deprecated core code?

Thanks in advance.

Alexis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexisc67 I couldn't go forward with the deprecated code. Instead I'm using Icon map and Mapbox visuals which are way better than the bing map(both available in the custom visual store.) 
Note : Mapbox is not compatible with IE.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Check this discussion and the Overview page here.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.