Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smolina74
Frequent Visitor

Something Went Wrong popup when trying to integrate a report in a web app

First of all I'm following this tutorial https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/ using exactly the same code mentioned there in github for integrating reports.

Everything was working fine till today when I've started receiving a Something went wrong message when showing the report in an iframe. The weird thing is that after you close that popup you can normally see the report.

This is the error:

Something went wrong.

Failed to load settings
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID48f00152-8621-450a-bcc8-a6a9df0d8e20
Request IDe1b2940d-490e-f265-cec0-4e05e1ef9dca
Correlation IDd0f83d62-57d3-85a1-9526-d0fa3c9f81c6
Status code403
TimeFri Sep 30 2016 12:28:05 GMT-0300 (Argentina Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.320

Any idea of what is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

We had 403 errors on timeout of our token in a report...things would look OK if static, but hitting a slicer would lead to an "x" on every crossfiltered slicer.

Make sure the token timeout is longer than the default 5 minutes or whatever it's set to.  

That's the best I can do...probably something different, but if the token is issued when you open the page and you then interact with the page past timeout...that yields a 403.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@smolina74  We are having a 401 issue.  When I click the "get help" link on the message it says:

Users working in PowerBI embedded mode are unable to view reports and are receiving this error message: “401 Unauthorized.” In some instances, users are able to view reports by closing out of the error message. Next update 9/30/2016 12:30PM PST.

Perhaps your get help link shows an embedded error as well.  Check it out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors