Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicers not showing all data

I have two columns in my slicers. If I add just one column, the data is shown correctly (blank, false & true). If I add another column in the slicer, true option vanishes although the records with true value exists in the power BI. Please find the image below for reference.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 092535.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apurvashrestha2 ,

I see you have blank in your slicer. Is your problem that True part will disappear from your hierachy level slicer?

I think there is no down level data in True in your data model. In my sample I can reproduce the same problem like yours. True part will disappear when I expand it.

1.png

Try to enable "Show items with no data“ in value field.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apurvashrestha2 ,

I see you have blank in your slicer. Is your problem that True part will disappear from your hierachy level slicer?

I think there is no down level data in True in your data model. In my sample I can reproduce the same problem like yours. True part will disappear when I expand it.

1.png

Try to enable "Show items with no data“ in value field.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @apurvashrestha2,

If you add multiple fields to a slicer, it becomes a hierarchy. If you want to manage the display of unique values of both columns, it's probably better to add them as two separate slicers.

If you need the hierarchy for these fields, do they relate correctly through your model and is the filter direction correct for any relationships?

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.