Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpaulson
Regular Visitor

Setting refresh times

Hello

First post from a newbie.

I want to set up a refresh time for a report that has source data from three places:

1) a view from sql

2) an excel spreadsheet on our network

3) a calendar table that I copied into the report

We have set up a gateway for the view. This alone seems to work if I delete the other two sources. In another test, I deleted the calendar table and left the other two sources. The gateway says I have links to the view and spreadsheet but still says that I am missing a link?

If we can get the first two to allow me to set up a refresh time, then I need to know how to insert the calendar table that was copied in.

Virtually all our systems are on premise.

I hope this makes sense. I really appreciate any help you can provie on my journey with Power BI

Justin

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Justin,

1. What were the error messages or the prompt message?

2. Which gateway did you install?

3. If you used a on-premises gateway, did you add all the data sources in the gateway settings?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Dale

1. What were the error messages or the prompt message? "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new data gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway"

2. Which gateway did you install? On-premises data gateway

3. If you used a on-premises gateway, did you add all the data sources in the gateway settings? I did some testing  by deleting the copied in calendar and leaving a spreadsheet and sql view. After this was done, I still get the error message in number 1 above, even though when I "test" the two remaining connections it says the sources are connected.

If I eliminated the spreadsheet and leave just the sql view I can set up a refresh schedule and it refreshes. So, I need to know how to use an excel spreadsheet and a copied in table when trying to schedule a refresh.

I really appreciate you reaching out.

Thanks so much.

Justin Paulson

Hi Justin,

If you configured all the data source in the data gateway, the gateway should be available. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Setting_refresh_times

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.