Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Server/Global account with Pro License

Hi!

I'm using an azure corporate tenant and my personal Power BI Pro Account for embedding my Reports/Dashboards. For Power BI embedded I need to leave my credentials in the web.config file but what I want to do, if is possible, is to do a global account with the pro license and that way I don't need to leave my credentials in the web.config file and that anybody i gave access to can use this account for embed reports or dashboards. Is this possible? How can I do that?

Thanks in advance

Juramirez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi!

I'm using an azure corporate tenant and my personal Power BI Pro Account for embedding my Reports/Dashboards. For Power BI embedded I need to leave my credentials in the web.config file but what I want to do, if is possible, is to do a global account with the pro license and that way I don't need to leave my credentials in the web.config file and that anybody i gave access to can use this account for embed reports or dashboards. Is this possible? How can I do that?

Thanks in advance

Juramirez

@Juramirez

It is possible. The scenario Embedding for your customers is typically for your requirement. In this scenario, when developping, a pro account is enough. When you are ready to move to production(open to your customers), your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity(Power BI premium license is required).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi!

Thanks in advance

Juramirez

@Juramirez

It is possible. The scenario Embedding for your customers is typically for your requirement. In this scenario, when developping, a pro account is enough. When you are ready to move to production(open to your customers), your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity(Power BI premium license is required).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.