Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joscho

Send data from Kaa to Power BI

Hello,

i am trying to send data from Kaa (Open source IoT platfrom) to power bi using REST log appender (Method POST, type JSON). I have readed about authorizing, azure active directory, etc. I am little confused from this.

Do i really need to write mini application serving just authorization and every POST request from Kaa send through that ?

Have someone experience with connecting Kaa to Power BI ?

I will be very grateful for your replies.

Have a nice day ! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Joscho wrote:

Hello,

i am trying to send data from Kaa (Open source IoT platfrom) to power bi using REST log appender (Method POST, type JSON). I have readed about authorizing, azure active directory, etc. I am little confused from this.

Do i really need to write mini application serving just authorization and every POST request from Kaa send through that ?

Have a nice day ! 🙂

@Joscho

I believe you do have to, if you don't want any extra charge.

There're actually some other onelinse services(PubNub, Azure stream analytics, see this page) that can output data to Power BI automatically, however you would have to

1. Set up the datasource for those features
  2. Pay extra money for purchasing those services

By the way, for Power BI REST API calls, there're limitations.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Joscho wrote:

Hello,

Have a nice day ! 🙂

@Joscho

I believe you do have to, if you don't want any extra charge.

There're actually some other onelinse services(PubNub, Azure stream analytics, see this page) that can output data to Power BI automatically, however you would have to

1. Set up the datasource for those features
  2. Pay extra money for purchasing those services

By the way, for Power BI REST API calls, there're limitations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.