Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Security Feature Request

Hello!

My name is Scotty Smith. I currently have our teams internal admin environment on AWS and Yellowfin. I don't know if your team is familiar with YellowFin. They are quite small compared to Power BI. We are considering switching to Power Bi and Azure. However in doing so we will lose one great quality. 

This quality is the ability to iframe the entire Yellowfin portal into our website. With PowerBI embeded you can only embed what has been created. So the disadvantage is in terms of time management. My team will be flipping back and forth between tabs and applications rather than having the portal itself within our admin tool. I can't I-Frame it because the x-frame options are set to same origin. I understand why. To combat click jacking etc. However this is obviously not the case for us. We have no malicious intentions. So, while protecting your platform (which I understand) we lose out on a great feature. Since we are at a very high level of purchasing, if we were to move forward, is there anyway to have this changed for our profile? Or pay so that that would be the case?

Also, I am not as familiar with all of the great apps at Azure. Maybe there is already a way to embed the entire Power Bi Portal, but I have not stumbled across it.

Best,

Scotty

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot (20).png

 So... I was just going to delete my post. However, Just in-case. I believe this is what I was looking for. Seems to be an even better ability than I imagined. Combining this with the extended context menu, is Power BI a limitless solution now..... Next thing I find out is that there will be white labeling. And of course https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-custom-branding-for-your-organization/

Maybe I'll leave my post just to thank the team here at Power Bi for developing such a great solution.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.