Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Black3y
Employee
Employee

Scroller Visual Question

Hi all,

I am using the scroller visual as it works very well with a scoreboard feature I am doing. Below is how the data shows in the leaderboard, with people's rank either going up, down or staying the same... with either an up arrow, down arrow or dash to indicate said movement.

rank1.png

However, the slider seems to show people who dont move as an up arrow, as below (see Erik for example).

Rank2.png

Any help on this visual appreciated...

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Black3y ,

After digging into few things online, it looks like this visual supports a deviation which is either Positive or Negative. 0 seems to be positive to me. Therefore it's showing it that way in Scroller visual.

I will try to dig more and update if I find something new.

If this helps appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Black3y ,

CAn you please post your calculation for Up, Down, Same symbols here? Looks like this is a condition issue in your calculation.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 

I am using a quick measure as below, to rum the difference between ranks from one day to another.

RankDiff2 = sum(Leaderboard1[Rank]) - SUM(Leaderboard2[Rank])

On the leaderboard that is working I then use conditional formatting to modify "rankdiff" to Green / Up arrow if more than 1, Yellow if 0 or Red and Down Arrow if less than 0.

I am guessing the scroller I am using works differently to this...?

Hi @Black3y ,

As per your comment:

On the leaderboard that is working I then use conditional formatting to modify "rankdiff" to Green / Up arrow if more than 1, Yellow if 0 or Red and Down Arrow if less than 0.

Don't you think the highlighted part above should be > than 0 for GREEN/UP ARROW rather than > 1?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Sorry, that was a bit of a typo.  See below conditional formatting on the table that is working...

Formatting.png

The Slider visual doesnt come with any controls over formatting so I can only assume it's pulling the data it sees from these fields inclusive of formatting, but doesnt seem to like 0!

@Pragati11 

It looks to me as if the visual is actually putting the graphis in as I can swithc it on / off in the settings and the arrows disapaer, so I guess it just hasn't been programmed to handle 0...

Unless I can modify a visual then I guess I am stuck!

Hi @Black3y ,

Looks like I will need your pbix file to check further. CAn you share it?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Black3y ,

Is it possible to share pbix file?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11 sure see attached... please excuse the content though, I am new to PowerBI!

PowerBI File 

Hi @Black3y ,

After digging into few things online, it looks like this visual supports a deviation which is either Positive or Negative. 0 seems to be positive to me. Therefore it's showing it that way in Scroller visual.

I will try to dig more and update if I find something new.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.