Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hejszyszky
Helper II
Helper II

Script to add column based on historical data

Hi,

I've been trying to add automatic column with py script, but without a success. So the idea is to lets say i have a table like below:

Default TableDefault Table

And the idea is to create a additional column which tells us a current situation of A or B value over time, so basically something like this: ( let's say that 7-th month data is updated)

Table with new columnTable with new column

Did anyone took similar approach to something like above? Looking for a suggestions & approach ideas or some solutions to problem above. A & B columns could also be like A (as value) and B as value category.

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You could do something like this with a measure incorporating a bunch of if/then logic specifying what you want to say in any conceivable situation but that seems pretty painful to write and not nearly as useful as showing a visual instead.

Obviously, but in my case there is a need to have tooltip/comments in addition to graph. My idea was to loop through dates and output value progression over time but as mentioned above - ended up without success.
Nested ifs are painful - i agree, but i consider it as last resort.
Thanks for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.