Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

barakb32
Advocate I
Advocate I

Save User Filters in Power BI Embedded

Hello,

We have a customer who embeds his reports in a web application (written in java) using embed code (not publish to web).

They ask about implementing persistent filters (in the user level) in this scenario, same as when the user logs to the Power BI service.

They also ask about the Reset to Default ability.

I guess that in this scenario, this should be part of the application. It should read (with REST) the current filters and store it in the application DB. The application should also contain its own Reset to Default tool.

Am I going in the correct direction? Is there some kind of tutorial to get a reference how it's done?

Thanks,

Barak  

2 REPLIES 2
echaize
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We have the same needs.

Any idea about a solution?

Thanks

AbdelSolis
Frequent Visitor

Hi, @barakb32 , I have this same issue, I want to be able to save the filters of each user and when the user use the report again set up the saved filter, so, did you find anay solution to this issue? what is the status? just checking...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.