Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harting
Regular Visitor

SUMMARIZECOLUMNS table filter Issue

I would to create a summary table using SUMMARIZECOLUMNS with filter based on selected date of a date slicer.

I created a measure (Selected End Date) for getting the MAX date of selected date range.

Selected End Date = CALCULATE(MAX('Disconnected Date'[Date]), ALLSELECTED('Disconnected Date'[Date]))

I seem to be able to get the Selected End Date to display correctly in a tile.  

But the Selected End Date value seems to be incorrect when I am using it in the filter for SUMMARIZECOLUMNS query.

harting_0-1621164078154.png

My base table is Machine table which has a history log of a machine inspection dates.

I want to create a Machine Summary table to select rows from Machine table which Inspection Dates are included the selected range of Date Slicer.

All tables are not joined.

harting_1-1621164100563.png

Can someone help to solve the problem of not able to get the correct Selected End Date measure in the formula for creating SUMMARIZECOLUMNS?  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harting ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1621303231378.png

The ‘Machine Summary’ table is a calculated table, and its values do not change with the slicer dynamically.

v-lionel-msft_1-1621303263014.png

Try to create a measure like this and add it to the table visual.

v-lionel-msft_2-1621303507680.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harting ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1621303231378.png

The ‘Machine Summary’ table is a calculated table, and its values do not change with the slicer dynamically.

v-lionel-msft_1-1621303263014.png

Try to create a measure like this and add it to the table visual.

v-lionel-msft_2-1621303507680.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lionel,

Thanks for your help!

Harry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.