Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VeraInSydney
Frequent Visitor

SSMS connection error to Power BI analysis service on "Parameter already exists"

Dear Community,

I am trying to connect Power BI service dataset from SSMS, which was successful, however I can't process tables as it returns error message as follows : 

"

===================================

paramter name already exists
Parameter name: name (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataWarehouse.ConnectionStringBuilder.AddParameter(String name, String value)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingUtility.AppendCatalogInfo(ConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder, String databaseName)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.ManagementDialogs.ImbiProcessDialog.DoPreProcessExecution(ExRunType runType, ExExecutionMode& executionResult)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.DoPreProcessExecutionAndRunViews(ExRunType runType)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.ExecuteForOlap(ExPreProcessExecutionInfo executionInfo, ExExecutionMode& executionResult)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.SqlMgmtTreeViewControl.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.IExExecutionAwareSqlControlCollection.PreProcessExecution(ExPreProcessExecutionInfo executionInfo, ExExecutionMode& executionResult)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.ExExecutionAwareSqlControlWrapper.PreProcessExecution(PreProcessExecutionInfo executionInfo, ExecutionMode& executionResult)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlMgmt.ViewSwitcherControlsManager.RunNow(RunType runType, Object sender)

"

Please let me know if anyone knows how to resolve this.

Cheers,

VeraInSydney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VeraInSydney,

I suppose you are trying to provide duplicate parameters with the same name in the connection. please double-check your settings and connection to confirm these.

In addition, you can also take a look at the following link about a similar issue if helps:

"parameter name already exists" while trying to Process Database in SSMS (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VeraInSydney,

I suppose you are trying to provide duplicate parameters with the same name in the connection. please double-check your settings and connection to confirm these.

In addition, you can also take a look at the following link about a similar issue if helps:

"parameter name already exists" while trying to Process Database in SSMS (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.