Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sushil9084
Regular Visitor

SSAS to Power bi Percentage symbol issue

Hi All,

I am connecting to SSAS with live connection from Power BI. The issue is, we have some measures which are in % .

when i am trying to create a chart using this measure, it is treated as a text field..

I understand that this has to fixed from SSAS end. but we not able to get rid of this issue.

I appreciate any kind of help on this issue....

Thanks,

Sushil

4 REPLIES 4
DSimma
Advocate II
Advocate II

Edit the query and do a find and replace to replace the % with nothing, then you can change the format of the column to number with percentage formats and it will show correctly. You also might need to do a divide by 100 if the 100 turns into 10000%.

@DSimma - you can't change data types and or format anything in the Desktop when you are connected to SSAS with live connection. The modeling is purely contained within the SSAS model.

@sushil9084 What is the format that you have the column set as in the Model? I've never encountered this when my column is set to a percentage format.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer  I've got an odd one... when I connect live to the cube, it comes over as percentage.  when I import, it comes over as text and I have to reformat it.   What causes that?

@BarryB75 I would imagine it has something to do with how the Desktop is auto detecting the datatype. If there is a percentage symbol in the value it must be translating the value to text. As opposed to the live connection, when the Desktop just acts as the connection to the cube.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.