Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

petr
Employee
Employee

Running total visual

Hi colleagues, I use diagram (screenshot) for tracking % of running total. How I can do the same visualization in PowerBI environment? Do I need to use one of existing visuals or I need to create customized visual? If so, please help me to create my own visual. I'm adding screenshot to show you what exactly I do via Excel.

PowerBIvisual.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In general, you would create a measure or column (probably a measure) that would contain your % of running total and then just add that measure a line chart visualization. If you provide some sample data, I could be more specific but you can check out the following link for a DAX pattern for running total:

http://www.daxpatterns.com/cumulative-total/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for idea! I probably can do running total via DAX, but I still have problems with P-04 period. Running total should be calculated in this column not as 100% for current SubPeriod, but as % of Projection (cell W26 in attachment). Also, calculation of this value should be sensitive for SubPeriods: there shouldn't be any data on pivot/graph (cells P44 - P49 in attachment).

I've just added data sample.

Hi petr,

Given the sample data, you could perform GROUP BY first, then running total and do the pivot at last.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Sam! I'll try to check your idea!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors