Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamijn
Helper I
Helper I

Row level security in Wordpress

Hi all,

Im looking for more information about how to apply row level security when using powerbi Embedded in Wordpress.

There is a Wordpress plugin for PowerBI, however this does not support row level security.

As this is the most important thing for my client I'm looking for other solutions.

I've one dashboard but 30+ different users which are only allowed to see their own data. 

Im familiar with assigning roles in powerbi but it is not clear how the row level security will work in wordpress. 

The clients can login to the wordpress page. Im looking for a solution in which the login in wordpress works together with the row level security.

Someone has experience with this?

Im familiar with this page https://pbiwebprod-docs.azurewebsites.net/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-embedded-rls/

Or some other solutions for embedding powerbi in a wordpress page, containing a login which activates the row level security?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to know the solution that was applied to RLS with wordpress.

warrendean81
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Datamijn , did you ever find a solution to this?

The solution provided was not sufficient for us. But I must admit that soon after the question, the project was handed over to another team. They solved it however with a customized javascript, however I don't know the details about it. 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Datamijn,

That's the exact solution. Your scenario is App Owns Data that means the end users don't have Power BI accounts. There is only one master Power BI account. So How can we filter the data? There is another way which is a bad idea. Create reports independently for each customer. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.