Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IfYouBuildIt
Frequent Visitor

Revert all Visuals to Default for .JSON Theme

I am writing a .JSON Theme, and want to be able to reset all Visuals in a .PBIX file to Default so the theme can be applied to existing reports.

Is anything like this through the GUI, or code, available?

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IfYouBuildIt 

You can create a .JSON Theme file with the default configurations for all visuals. 

For reference:

Use report themes in Power BI Desktop

Custom report theme to control the default

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

@Anonymous I have written a .json file that changes default attributes of visuals (and other elements) in my report. The problem is that applying the .json theme does not override previous (manual) changes that have been made to those objects. So, if you have a report that was built, then you apply the .json theme, very few things actually change.

I need a way (either manually in the UI, or a line of code) that can reset all elements of the report to their default.

Same here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.